Terms And Conditions
SKOOLLIVE – SKOOLLOOT, DECEMBER 2016 SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- This Sweepstakes is open only to those who sign up at www.cornerstore.skoollive.com/skoolLOOT and who are over 12 years old as of the date of entry. The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of SkoolLive, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules
- By participating in the Sweepstakes, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of SkoolLive as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes Period
- Entries will be accepted online starting on 12:00:00 PM (PST) on 10/1/16 and ending 11:59:59 PM (PST) 11/31/16. All online entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM (PST) 11/31/16.
- How to Enter
- The Sweepstakes must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at www.cornerstore.skoollive.com/skoolLOOT . The entry must fulfill all Sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of SkoolLive. Optional verbiage to include: You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of SkoolLive.
- The winner(s) of the Sweepstakes (the “Winner”) will receive $5,000 in store credit for Best Buy to independently purchase desired available products and $5,000 cash for relating school. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by SkooLive. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at SkoolLive’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for SkoolLive to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification
- Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of SkoolLive. Selection of winner will take place at 12:00:00 PM (PST) 12/12/16 Winner will be notified by email within two (2) days following selection of Winner. SkoolLive shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within [5 days] from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER AT SKOOLIVE‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You
- : By entering this content, You understand and agree that SkoolLive, anyone acting on behalf of SkoolLive, and SkoolLive’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of SkoolLive. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless SkoolLive from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which SkoolLive may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions
- SkoolLive reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond SkoolLive’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, SkoolLive may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by SkoolLive. SkoolLive reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. SkoolLive has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, SkoolLive reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability
- By entering, You agree to release and hold SkoolLive and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- SkoolLive will not distribute, publish, sell or provide for any other purpose other than this Sweepstakes the information You provide to SkoolLive as entry into the Sweepstakes.
- Winners List
- To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: SkoolLive, Inc., 929 Poinsettia, Ste. 102, Vista, CA 92081. Requests must be received no later than 11:59:59 PM (PST) 12/31/16.
- The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is SkoolLive, Inc., 929 Poinsettia, Ste. 102, Vista, CA 92081.
- The Sweepstakes hosted by SkoolLive is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- By checking here, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.